The wiki is lacking in content. You can help by creating a new article. See the to do list for more ways you can help.
Final Fantasy XIII
|Final Fantasy XIII|
ESRB: Teen (T)
|This article uses content from Wikipedia (view authors), and falls under the compatible Creative Commons license.|
Final Fantasy XIII is the thirteenth installment of the main Final Fantasy series. It was originally released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2010, although Japan received a PlayStation 3 release in 2009. The game includes fast-paced combat, a new system for the series for determining which abilities are developed for the characters called "Crystarium", and a customizable "Paradigm" system to control which abilities are used by the characters. Final Fantasy XIII includes elements from the previous games in the series, such as summoned monsters, chocobos, and airships.
The game takes place in Cocoon, whose government, the Sanctum, is ordering a purge of civilians who have supposedly come into contact with Pulse, the much-feared world below. The former soldier Lightning begins her fight against the government in order to save her sister who has been branded as an unwilling servant to a god-like being from Pulse, making her an enemy of Cocoon. Lightning is soon joined by a band of allies, and together the group also become marked by the same Pulse creature. They rally against the Sanctum while trying to discover their assigned task and whether they can avoid being turned into monsters or crystals at the completion.
Final Fantasy XIII is divided into thirteen chapters, with each one taking place at a different location. On the Xbox 360 version, Disc 1 has chapters 01 to 05, Disc 2 has chapters 06 to 09, and Disc 3 has chapters 10 to 13.
- Main article: List of characters in Final Fantasy XIII
- Lightning - The main protagonist of the game and a former member of the Guardian Corps.
- Oerba Dia Vanille - A young woman who initially hides her identity as a l'Cie from Gran Pulse. She serves as the game's narrator.
- Snow Villiers - The leader of NORA. He is engaged to Lightning's sister Serah.
- Hope Estheim - A young boy who was caught up in the Purge. He blames Snow for the death of his mother Nora.
- Sazh Katzroy - An airship pilot. He is a single father caring for his young son Dajh.
- Oerba Yun Fang - A l'Cie from Gran Pulse. She is looking for her friend Vanille early on in the game.
Eidolons function as the game's summons with each one being associated with a playable character.
- Odin - Lightning's Eidolon.
- Shiva - Snow's Eidolon, comprised of the sisters Stiria and Nix.
- Brynhildr - Sazh's Eidolon.
- Bahamut - Fang's Eidolon.
- Alexander - Hope's Eidolon.
- Hecatoncheir - Vanille's Eidolon.
- Galenth Dysley - The Primarch of Cocoon. His true identity is the fal'Cie Barthandelus.
- Orphan - The fal'Cie keeping Cocoon airborne.
- Yaag Rosch
- Jihl Nabaat
- Serah Farron - Lightning's younger sister and Snow's fiancée. She was made into a Pulse l'Cie prior to the game.
- Dajh Katzroy - Sazh's son. He was made into a Sanctum l'Cie prior to the game.
- Chocobo chick - An unnamed small chick Sazh bought for Dajh. Often riding in Sazh's hair.
- Maqui - A member of NORA.
- Yuj - A member of NORA.
- Cid Raines - Leader of the Wide-area Response Brigade known as the Cavalry.
- Rygdea - A prominent member of the Cavalry.
- Nora Estheim - Hope's mother.
- Bartholomew Estheim - Hope's father.
- Hanging Edge
- Pulse Vestige
- Lake Bresha
- Vile Peaks
- Gapra Whitewood
- Sunleth Waterscape
- Vallis Media
- Archylte Steppe
- Yaschas Massif
- Sulyya Springs
- Taejin's Tower
- This article is a stub. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by .
|Final Fantasy XIII|
|Lightning • Oerba Dia Vanille • Snow Villiers • Hope Estheim • Sazh Katzroy • Oerba Yun Fang|
|Odin • Shiva (Stiria, Nix) • Brynhildr • Bahamut • Alexander • Hecatoncheir|
|Galenth Dysley (Barthandelus) • Orphan • Yaag Rosch • Jihl Nabaat|
|Anima • Barthandelus • Cid Raines • Orphan|
|Bodhum • Hanging Edge • Pulse Vestige • Lake Bresha • Vile Peaks • Gapra Whitewood • Sunleth Waterscape • Palumpolum • Nautilus • Eden (Fifth Ark • Orphan's Cradle)|
|Oerba • Vallis Media • Archylte Steppe • Yaschas Massif • Mah'habara • Sulyya Springs • Taejin's Tower • Faultwarrens|
|Lindblum • Palamecia|
|Crystarium • Fal'Cie • L'Cie • Cie'th • Paradigm • Sanctum • PSICOM • Guardian Corps • Cavalry • NORA • Eidolon|
|Armor • Characters • Enemies (List) • Enemy abilities • Items • Weapons|
|See also: Category • Gallery|